Wednesday, September 12, 2012

More Than a Year

And what a great year it's been!  Last time I blogged I had recently transitioned to the Primal Blueprint lifestyle.  I was already having great success with it.  I used this blog as a way to share my daily meals and activities with friends and family who wanted to know a bit more about what I was doing.  My wonderful husband had also made the transition to primal and it suited both of us well.

By the end of last year we had each lost about 20 pounds and effortlessly maintained that loss.  When we took our annual family Christmas picture and compared it with our picture from the previous year we were both amazed at the difference.


We have both continued to eat and live primally and feel the benefits every day. 

One of the elements of health that Mark Sisson often addresses in his blog is posture and mobility.  He regularly references the writing and work of Esther Gokhale in regard to posture training.  I had the great privilege and opportunity to learn from Esther back in February of this year.  I attended her Gokhale Method Foundations course, a 9-hour course that teaches the posture fundamentals of the Gokhale Method.  I can't say enough wonderful things about the experience!  I hope I stay motivated enough to keep blogging so I can share more details about it in a few days.

This summer has been fantastic.  We tried to take advantage of as much outdoor time as possible spending time swimming, hiking, running, camping, playing with the kids and kayaking (my new-found joy).  The effect of all this activity and playing in the sun has been nothing but wonderful for us all. 

I can't believe autumn is already drawing near.  The kids are back in school and the pool is closed for the summer.  This season the kids have chosen to play softball and basketball.  The leagues are just getting started and both kids are geared up and ready to go, their first games just around the corner.

The past year has been wonderful and I figure it's long since time that I got back around to this blog.  I was prompted to get back to this blog by the recent start of Mark Sisson's annual Primal Blueprint Challenge.
I still get questions from folks who want to know what Ski and I are doing to look so healthy and have so much energy.  For anyone who is curious about it, now is the perfect time to give it a try.  Mark is giving away daily prizes from his blog over the next 3 weeks.  It's a great time to find the extra support and encouragement you might need to get started.  You don't need to sign up for anything and there's no cost or catch.  (I'm not paid or compensated to write any of this or share the links).  Just read Mark's blog and give it a try for a few weeks to see if it works for you as well as it has worked for us.  I'll see what I can do to keep another running food/activity journal on this blog (probably starting Friday -- the day after tomorrow) so find your way back over here in a day or two if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment