Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fast Food

BREAKFAST
-----------------------------
No breakfast today. Just a cup of coffee brewed in the French Press with a splash of organic whole milk, then off to the office.

LIFT HEAVY THINGS
------------------------------
I hit the home gym during my lunch break and went through two sets of the Essential 5 Moves (pull-up, push-up, squat, overhead press, plank). (Details in free Primal Fitness e-book.)

After my work-out I stopped at Earth Fare on the way back to the office to grab lunch. I boxed up a few selections to-go from their prepared foods bar and ate it back at my desk. The entire delicious lunch was only $6.87, not a bad deal for such a yummy and Primal-approved healthy lunch! That's my kind of fast food!


LUNCH
---------------------
Ginger White Fish
Asparagus
Sauteed Squash
Small Salad (lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes with champagne vinaigrette)

SNACK
---------------------
About a dozen fresh organic cherries (I bought these while I was Earth Fare today)
3 oz Fage Total (full fat) Greek yogurt
1 square (10g) of 88% dark chocolate (Endangered Species brand)
1 square (10g) of 72% dark chocolate (Endangered Species brand)

I made some quick and easy stuffed peppers for dinner tonight. I added Thomas Pasta Sauce (jar sauce full of only good stuff and no added sugar) to browned ground beef (from Cane Creek Farm). I then sliced a bell pepper in half lengthwise and filled each half with the meat sauce. I topped them with tomato slices, garlic slices, basil and grated cheese and baked them until the peppers were toasty and the cheese was bubbly. The kids ate the sauce over pasta because 1) I've been unsuccessful at converting them to Primal, 2) spaghetti with sauce is something they'll actually eat, 3) bell peppers are NOT something they'll eat and 4) I only had 1 bell pepper left , anyway. Dinner was served with a salad and leftover roasted okra. I had actually planned to have a martini with dinner tonight, but as I was cooking the aromas made me want a nice bold red wine, instead. I opted for my favorite old vine Lodi Zinfandel, 7 Deadly Zins.


DINNER
---------------------
Stuffed bell pepper
Roast okra
Salad made with mixed baby lettuce, purslane, carrots, sungold tomatoes, green onions, basil and champagne vinaigrette.
Red wine

After dinner I topped off my wine glass and enjoyed the remaining wine with some cheese for dessert.

DESSERT
-----------------------
Slice of double cream Brie topped with fig spread.
The fig spread is basically fig jelly and contains sugar, so it's not really Primal but such a small portion fits in my 20%.

No comments:

Post a Comment